
Nothing majorly exciting has happened this week... I'm still feeling pretty good. I've noticed a definite increase in my appetite now that the nausea has subsided. I'm eating a lot more, more often. I'm also still dead tired in the evenings, but all in all, I'm in very good spirits and really starting to get excited about everything.
My wonderful, beautiful sister came to visit us Saturday and brought me some surprises for the baby! It was a cute little set of socks, shirt, bib, and dinner dish with a little drawing of a turtle on them that said "On the move." (As some of you know, she is a great lover of turtles, so it is a very appropriate gift from her.) It actually made me really excited to imagine my little bundle of joy wearing those cute things!
Time seems to be moving faster now... I am getting a bit anxious because I know I need to get started on all the "chores" of preparing for a baby, like getting a nursery ready and so on. Right now it seems sort of daunting, but I know it will get more fun as I get into it.
Oh, and one other interesting thing: last night, I was actually awakened by the baby kicking! I'm still pretty amazed that I'm only 16 weeks along and can feel it so clearly. I read today one old wives tale that says to take the day you first felt your baby kick and add 5 months, and that will be the baby's actual birth date. If that is true, I'll be having a baby in mid-August rather than early September, as the OB has predicted! God only knows.
Other than that, no major news. We're all doing fine and marveling at the miracle inside of me!
Namaste.

1 comment:
You are getting lots of comments from me today, huh? :) I so enjoyed catching up on reading your blog this evening! I am so excited for you, and I know I will just be through-the-roof excited when I see you next time I come home (which is April 15, by the way! for a whole two months!) I wanted to thank you for my birthday message! You are so sweet to remember me. I had an OK birthday... Conan had to work late, it was a rainy Seattle day, and I have been super sick this week...but being thought of by my sweet friends always makes me feel better! Love you and talk to you soon! Keep writing...
Post a Comment