Monday, March 31, 2008

The Littlest GIRL Whitaker

Well, it's official! Steve and I are adding to the passel of little girls in the family. I think the only one not totally fooled was Steve. He said he suspected it all along. We are so thrilled and already imagining what our new baby girl will be like.

The sonographer also said that she looked perfectly healthy! She has LONG legs and LONG toes. In fact, we were watching the screen, and the sonographer asked suddenly, "Which one of you has the long middle toe??". Haha! That would be me! It tends to be a dominant trait in both sides of my family, so I'm not too surprised that Baby Girl has long toes, too. She also measured large for her estimated age, so they actually moved my due date back to August 25. So, I guess I'm almost 19 weeks, instead of 18.

The most amazing thing to me was that she kept stretching her legs straight up and out in front of her, in a forward fold position. She's already a little yogi! She also yawned several times, so she must've been sleepy.

I know I promised pictures, but for some reason, it seems every technical/electronic apparatus in our house is rebelling against us right now. We can't seem to get anything to work, and since it has gotten late, and I'm exhausted, I'm giving up for the night. I'll keep trying tomorrow!

Namaste.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Poor Steve will forever be outnumbered! :)
We're so happy for you and your family! Little girls are so much fun :)
We need to get together for lunch soon!

The Locketts said...

Congrats on your little girl! It must be a trend these days...

So happy for you and Steve!