Saturday, March 8, 2008

Aah, finally!






I have, at last, found a brief moment to sit down and write. A lot has happened in the last week! I'm pleased to report that the nausea is all but completely gone. I've been having amazing, strange, and very entertaining dreams that keep me wondering how my mind comes up with this stuff. I had one dream where the baby was born, was a boy, and was automatically 4 years old! He was very cute, had sandy blondish/brownish hair, and looked like a perfect blend of Steve and me.

The most exciting thing to happen this past week is that I felt the baby move!! Now, I know that may sound crazy, because according to everything I've read, you typically don't feel movement until 16 to 20 weeks, but I swear, I'm pretty sure it was the baby I felt and not gas!

It happened one evening when I was sitting rather still. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I became dimly aware of a gentle "tap, tap, tap" sensation low in my abdomen. In the sort of nonchalant way that one usually dismisses gas, I had almost let it slip from my mind when I felt it again. And, suddenly, I thought to myself, "That certainly isn't in quite the right place for gas!". Because, if felt farther forward and more superficial than gas. I was surprised, but I instantly knew what it must've been. I walked into the other room where Steve was, and I said, "Would you think I was totally nuts if I told you I think I just felt the baby move??" He just smiled and said, "I guess not." Well, I didn't feel any more movement that night, but the next day, I felt the same sensation again. And, I've felt it a couple more days this week. So, I'm pretty sure that is what it was. It is very light and feels like popcorn popping in my tummy. It is really a thrill to me whenever it happens.

I've also posted a few more pics of my ever-expanding belly. I've begun to wear more maternity clothes, although most of the time, I don't look pregnant, I just look like I need to lay off of the Krispy Kreme doughnuts or something. :-)

Namaste.

No comments: