
I went to see the movie Juno with my girlfriends this weekend, and I highly recommend it. It is the story of a teenage girl who discovers she's pregnant (sad, I know). But, the movie is extremely well-written and the acting is top-rate. The best thing about it is that it really examines how bringing a baby into the world can change so many things for so many people. There is one scene where the adoptive mother-to-be "bonds" with the baby inside of the teenage girl's belly. At first, you watch the scene with a sort of uncomfortable embarrassment, because it seems so silly, but by the end of the scene, I tell you, it would take a person with a heart of stone not to at least get a little misty-eyed.
Today was okay, although I missed work because I've had the eterni-headache from hell that started last Wednesday after a bout with dizziness. I rested a lot and feel like it has gotten better. I called my doctor's office just to be sure I was normal, and he called me in a prescription of Lortab! Can you BELIEVE that!!? Here I am, the patient telling him I want a completely natural childbirth experience, and he calls me in LORTAB for a headache! I was, to say the least, quite surprised. Well, naturally, I filled the prescription (because Lortab is always valuable to have on hand), but of COURSE I didn't take any. Sheesh.
Today, I got in the car, and turned it to my favorite XM radio station, "Real Jazz", which was playing some Miles Davis. Well, the baby started kicking like crazy! I felt three really strong kicks. I don't know if they can hear this early yet, but I got so tickled I had to call my dad and tell him that there was another jazz fan in the family. He thought that was cool. I've included a picture of Mr. Davis with this post.
Namaste.

No comments:
Post a Comment