Disney was great! We had a lot of fun. Emery's team didn't do quite as well as we hoped (they placed sixth, overall), but they had a good time. I think they were all a little overwhelmed and excited to seriously concentrate on playing their A-game. But, all in all, it was a great experience.
We had a great time staying at Disney's Port Orleans Resort. It was very beautiful and peaceful. And, we rode the bus everyday to the different parks. (Sometimes catching the bus on the way home was a little more tricky, because of the crowds).
The girls had a fantastic time riding all the rides and seeing the sights. Ashlyn's favorite ride was Expedition Everest (a fast rollercoaster through the Himalayas) and Emery's favorite was the Rockin' Rollercoaster starring Aerosmith. (My favorite was Soarin'.)
Unfortunately for me, however, I had to forgo most of the "fun" rides (doctor's orders). But, Disney is still a great place, even if you can't ride everything.
While I loved going to Disney with my family, I would NOT recommend going during early pregnancy. There were days I thought I was going to literally pass out I was so tired. And, then there's the whole nausea/vomiting thing. Not too much fun in public restrooms. But, I did the best I could and made it through. Thankfully, many kind people (mother-in-law and people from soccer) kept feeding me pretzels and popcorn. That helped a lot.
The nausea and vomiting has gotten worse. That is all I can say. I guess it always gets worse before it gets better. Supposedly only 4 to 8 weeks more to endure.
This Friday is my next doctor's appointment, and he said we will do an ultrasound and that I should be able to see something! Hooray! I'll be sure to post any pictures I may get.
Finally, I'll leave you with some pictures from our trip. Enjoy.
Namaste.






1 comment:
Girl I can't imagine! You are one tough cookie! I am glad ya'll had fun, and I love the pictures!
Post a Comment