Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy (yucky) New Year!



Yesterday, Steve and I bought a new car. It is a Hyundai Veracruz. I think we got a pretty good deal, although I have to say that toward the end of the negotiation, I was wearing down. But, Steve held fast, and they finally met us on the price we offered. That was my first experience buying a new car, so it was kind of cool. The girls were very excited. Now maybe we'll make it all the way to Disney World in a couple weeks without worrying about our car breaking down!

Today I woke up feeling very sick. I ate some Honey Nut Cheerios with some blueberries. That seemed to be okay for a while. But, when we started getting ready to go visit Nana and Uncle Bill, I got really sick and actually threw up for the first time. Ugh.

Since I already have a gastrointestinal disorder that makes me nauseated a lot of times, I'm somewhat used to feeling icky, getting sick, and moving on. However, this is definitely different. I feel hungry and nauseated, so I eat, and then I feel like vomiting, and then a few minutes later, I feel hungry and nauseated again. So, I think it is sort of like I need to balance having a little bit of food on my stomach at all times, but not too much.

Feeling sick made for a not-so-fun day for me, but it was still very nice to visit Nana and Uncle Bill and see everyone else, too. The girls did sparklers (I looked on from the storm door inside). When we told Nana we were expecting a baby, she got teary-eyed and gave us big hugs. You can tell she really loves babies so much and that family means so much to her. It is so nice to know that I'm bringing a child into an environment like that. Steve's family has welcomed me with open arms from the first day they met me, and it makes me feel so honored and lucky to have gained his family along with him!

I'm going to meditate now and see if I can work up the courage to eat a little dinner!

Namaste.

1 comment:

Ames said...

Tell me you didn't trade in the purple rollerskate *tears*