Friday, February 1, 2008

Do You Love Me !!



Little Whitaker has a theme song: "Do You Love Me?" by the Contours. CLICK HERE to play the song.

Today, I got to see the little squirt dance!! It was awesome. I've never been so excited.

This morning, I went to my first real ultrasound, where I actually got to see the baby good for the first time.

When the nurse first started the ultrasound, I could instantly see the little baby in there: head, arms, legs, everything. I saw the little flickering light of the heartbeat, and it brought tears to my eyes. He/she was just laying there calmly... I was loving the serenity of it.

Then, ALL OF A SUDDEN, he/she JUMPED straight up about twice its own height!! THEN, he/she started kicking little legs and moving arms up and down like doing that old dance from the 60s, "the Monkey". I was so surprised, I said, "Oh my gosh!!" That baby was dancing all over the place. Steve thought it was so cool, too (said that he/she obviously had good fast-twitch muscle tone). I was thrilled. I had no idea they moved around SO much this early. The nurse said everything looked perfect and healthy.

Well, the minute we left doctor's office, I started hearing that song, "Do You Love Me?" in my head. It's funny to me how the baby started off calm, kind of like the beginning of the song, and then JUMPED into action (just like when Billy Gordon starts screaming/singing "Do You Love Me!?" at the thud of the drums). It was almost like he/she was suddenly aware of being on TV. I love it.

Unfortunately, the machine was broken and couldn't print pictures so I have no pictures to show yet. So, I've just included an image of a nice gentleman demonstrating the Monkey....

Namaste.

1 comment:

Ames said...

Uh oh, you're going to have a little Star Searcher on your hands! A natural performer! He/she MAY actually have been bellydancing :)