Considering my history of gastrointestinal troubles, disorders, and ailments, it is no less than amazing that I find myself constantly hungry these days. While I'm generally not eating more at any one sitting than I used to, I feel as though I'm filling in every moment of my day with some sort of food consumption. I have my own theory on why this is the case:
A. Eating small amounts all the time is one of the best methods of controlling the debilitating nausea.
B. I think my "disease" — gastroparesis — has been cured with pregnancy. I used to get sick and it would be obvious that I wasn't digesting food properly. Now, I get sick, and it is quite apparent that all engines are functioning normally, and that my food is being shot through my digestive system as quickly as possible, to make room for more food.
C. Since I've always had trouble being "underweight", I think my body is trying to overcompensate for weight gain. However, I'm not sure this point is valid yet, because although I feel I'm eating twice as much as I used to, I've literally not gained a single pound since I found out I was pregnant.
Whatever the reasons, I have to say it is pretty fun to be able to eat again. I just wish it was the appetite without the nausea. But, this too shall pass.
I think I'm going to go eat some breakfast now (for the second time this morning)....
Namaste.
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment