Friday, June 20, 2008

Things are better.


I realize my last post sounded a little "down". Well, I'm entitled to "down" times, aren't I? But, never ye fear, things are better now. I'm out of the blue doldrums and scaling the incline of bright happiness once again.

Went to the doctor yesterday, and he said things were all looking good, and told me I could go to monitoring my blood sugar every third day instead of every single day. This is a welcome relief, considering that the tips of my fingers look like a miniature version of a military weapons testing field. Now, if I can just remember not to "cheat" when I eat, I should be good. So far, the only thing that really sends my blood sugar into overload is if I eat ANY kind of fast food. Even if I only eat half the bun on the burger and NO french fries. Perhaps fast food restaurants lace their mediocre beef with sugar just to make it more palatable... I'm not sure; but whatever it is, I can't eat it.

Alrighty — here is some real honesty for you. The other day, Steve told me that if my cleavage got any larger/deeper, he was going to start running scenic mule tours down it to help pay for the cost of a new child. Read more about this topic on his blog.

Speaking of body mass, I'm amazed at how ridiculously hard it is to move around now. I simply cannot bend over any more, and most of my daily activities require me to either be semi-squatting or in a very un-lady-like "legs straddled" position. (According to the esteemed Dr. Bradley, however, this is a very "mother-like" position.)

I'm still enjoying being pregnant for the most part... but I am getting excited that the end is drawing near. I'm ready to have my daughter outside of me so I can see her and touch her... and so that I can walk normally again.

Namaste.

No comments: