I can't believe you're ten months old! You are getting so big and you have such a personality. You really seem to be becoming more of a "little girl" and less a baby. For example, you've developed an attachment to a particular blanket. You want to hold and cuddle it whenever you go to sleep or wake up. I was amazed that this happened, because I had been trying to encourage you to become attached to a certain stuffed animal, but you chose the blanket instead! The only minor problem is that the blanket technically does not belong to us. It belongs to your cousin Isabella, I think. It was mistakenly sent home with us after visiting Nana's house, and I think that is how we came by it. But, anyway, I put it over you one night because I needed a blanket and I saw it sitting nearby, and the next morning, you were holding and cuddling it like it was the greatest thing you'd ever encountered! You have desired it ever since. I suppose I'll have to ask Laura if we can buy it from her!

Your favorite thing to do these days is "walk". By this, I mean "toddle around while holding onto an adult's hands, resulting in low back injury and subsequent agony to said adult." You want to do this all. day. long. And, if I try to sneak away to get something else done, you crawl furiously over to me, throw yourself at my legs and hang on with your arms while wailing piteously until I assist you in walking again.

You love your books. You will actually sit and look and play with a book for close to 30 minutes uninterrupted. Daddy and I take this as a sign of your genius and excellent DNA.

Lately, Daddy and I have started a habit of taking you into our bed first thing in the morning when you wake up. You LOVE this and take it as an opportunity to roll and flop around luxuriously on us and our pillows.

You've added a few more words to your vocabulary. These include "juice", "dog", "bath", "yes", and "NO!".
Oh, and the biggest development in the past month: you are now completely weaned from breast milk and nursing. It is hard for me not to get teary-eyed when I think about it, because I already miss sharing that special time with you. But, you were ready. I let you lead the way. You had narrowed it down to only nursing first thing in the morning, and finally one morning, as we were getting ready to go out-of-town, I just didn't nurse you. And, you didn't even notice it or miss it. From that point on, you never indicated that you missed it. So, that is how it happened. I feel lucky to have been able to nurse you for 9 and half months. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.
So many changes that indicate you're growing up... it is hard to swallow sometimes! As a parent I find myself eager to watch you grow, but also sad to see the tiny baby disappear. You're becoming a little toddler, and it is wonderful.
I love you so much!
Mama

1 comment:
Good weening story. She'll cherish that story one day. That's a beautiful Whitaker Girls photo at the end!
Post a Comment